2018 Summer Musical Auditions
Next to Normal
Directed by Gabriel Livingston
Musical Direction by Becca Stabno
Performance Dates: June 15, 16, 22, 23, 24
Performs at MCC-Longview Cultural Arts Center
Cast Age Range: 16+
Shrek the Musical
Directed by Brad Rackers
Musical Direction by Ginger Birch
Performance Dates: August 10, 11, 12
Performs at Lee’s Summit West High School
Cast Age Range: 1st grade through Adults
AUDITION DATES: March 26, March 27, March 28
5:00 pm (age 15 and under only), 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm
AUDITION LOCATION: MCC-Longview Cultural Arts Center
500 SW Longview Rd. Lee’s Summit, MO 64081
CALLBACKS: (by director invitation only)
Saturday, March 31
Shrek – time TBD
1:00 pm Next to Normal
IMPORTANT AUDITION INFORMATION
- Everyone MUST reserve an audition time at either 5:00 (age 15 and under only), 6:00, 7:00, or 8:00 pm on one of the audition dates listed above. Your audition will be complete within the hour time slot.
- Everyone is required to arrive 15-minutes prior to their audition time. Late arrivals may have to wait to be seen.
- Shrek auditioners must wear something comfortable as there will be a small dance combo after the singing portion. There will be no time to change clothes. Bring tap shoes if you are interested in being a tap dancer!
- Walk-Ins are welcome, but will have to wait to be seen when there is an opening.
- Please note: All Shrek participants will be required to pay a costume rental fee. More details will be provided when available.
CLICK HERE FOR A LINK TO AUDITION REGISTRATION
Most reserved audition slots are now taken. There is still plenty of room for walk in auditions at 6:00 pm or after on any audition day. You can preregister as a walk in by filling out the audition registration form above so we have your information and know to expect you on a certain day. Remember to bring 2 completed copies of the audition form with you.
All Audition Registrations will close on Sunday, March 25 at Midnight.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- For both shows: up to 32 bars of a Broadway style song that will showcase your vocal range and in your key. If your song is longer than 32 bars, you may be asked to stop singing before you are done. Please make sure your audition piece is memorized and bring a copy of the sheet music for the accompanist (who is provided) with your vocal part highlighted. No A Cappella singing or music from a device (i.e. CD, I-POD, MP3, etc.)
- For Next to Normal: 1-minute contemporary monologue
WHAT TO BRING
- 2 completed copies of the Printable Audition Form (found below) with a complete list of conflicts. Dedication and commitment to STG, the director, and fellow actors is of utmost importance. Regarding conflicts, please remember vacations and your summer schedule before auditioning, as these may be a factor in the casting process.
- 2 copies of Current resume (if available.)
- Headshots are welcome, but not required. Bring 2 copies if you have one.
- Tap Shoes – if you are interested in tap dancing in Shrek!
- If you are unable to attend auditions, a video submission will be accepted.
- Deadline for video submissions is March 25 and must be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Submissions must include the following: a Broadway song, 1-minute contemporary monologue (if auditioning for Next to Normal), completed copy of the audition form attached in PDF format, headshot, and resume (if available.)
- If you are invited to callbacks, you must attend to be considered for casting.
For General Information & Auditions: Ginger Birch, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Next to Normal: Gabriel Livingston, email@example.com
For Shrek the Musical: Brad Rackers, firstname.lastname@example.org